Broadcaster, Journalist, and Technologist
Broadcast Media | Greater New York City Area, US
* Founding Editor of KoPoint.
KoPoint produces, acquires, and distributes broadcast and podcast content for the web and terrestrial radio. KoPoint's team of respected content creators produce weekly media programs about business, technology, gaming, and politics. Since our January 2012 launch KoPoint has served several hundred thousand downloads, and over one million minutes listened. KoPoint's seed funding and infrastructure is underwritten by SumAll.
*Digital Managing Editor of Campaign Content, Talk Radio News.
During periods of the 2012 presidential campaign (debates, early primaries, conventions) I produced and edited content, and managed a team of young reporters and interns. The TRNS digital team created content for the web (podcasts, video, blog posts) and broadcast radio radio (short-form packages).
-- -- --
* I am a broadcast journalist and technologist. My professional experience hovers around the convergence of analog and digital technology. I develop and execute digital policy for news companies, large and small.
* Using both broadcast and digital technologies I have covered events including the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns, technology conferences, the United Nations General Assembly, and the Darfur humanitarian crisis.
* I occasionally interview politicians, policy makers, and technology industry leaders.
* From time to time I speak at technology and radio-related events such as SXSW Interactive, Blogworld, Ignite NYC, Bulldog Reporter, and the Talkers Magazine New Media Seminar (full list: http://bit.ly/dan_patterson_speaking).
* I'm fortunate to do the things that I do. The most fun I've ever had in media was running my college radio station, KBHU in Spearfish, South Dakota. I worked my way up from assistant news director to general manager. Along the way I was mentored by radio giant and Boss Rock co-founder Dave Diamond. It was a blast.
* I like to travel, read, and raid.